Saturday, July 12, 2008
About as soon as I posted that last blog bitching about my shower situation, Nikis came home from a visit to his abuela and told me that it had been bath day over there - Saturday is always bath day there - it's the only day of the week where they can do all the work entailed to take a bath. His abuela, the now famous Doña Anita, got her 6 little grandkids aged 1 to 11 lined up, yelling at them that's it bathtime, cabrones, so get in line and shape up. She heated up a big pot of water on the stove, and one by one poured water over the kids by dunking a bowl into the pot. Nikis hightailed it out of there because he spent his early childhood living with her, in her cement block house with a tin roof, and it was just too much of a flashback for him. Maybe he was afraid she'd put him in the bath line-up as well. Anyway, when he came home and told me about it, I just had one more reason to count my blessings and be grateful for the lovely bathroom with running water that I have. I am living in glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment